History and Tradition
Holy Cross College is a Catholic school established in the tradition of the Patrician Brothers.
In 1808 Bishop Daniel Delany established in Ireland the Congregation of the Brothers of St Patrick and sought to have the youth of his native land instructed in the principles and lifestyle of the Gospels.
The Patrician Brothers arrived in New South Wales in 1883, opening a Boarding College at Ryde in 1891. The College moved to its present site in 1896. The great sandstone edifice which is now a landmark of the district gradually rose on the heights above the Parramatta River.
Now in its third century, Holy Cross College has established a long and rich tradition of academic, cultural and sporting success. Community life in the College is imbued with the Patrician charism of welcome, hospitality, hard work and care for others.